Tulsa Engineering Foundation is a foundation of engineering societies and universities/colleges, formed to assist in coordinating activities and services for the member societies and to promote science, math and engineering in the community. It is a not-for-profit charitable organization, with the mission of serving the engineering profession and offering career guidance activities to our youth. Currently twenty engineering/technical organizations are members as well as seven universities and colleges. Link to Member Organizations. Check the calendar for member society meetings and events. Most are open to the public. Quarterly Activity Reports of society members are available
Volunteers needed to build STEM IN A BAG kits. Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance (TRSA) has designed self-contained kits for 3rd – 8th grade students and is distributing them to students at food distribution sites. First kit was Incredible Hoop Glider; 12,000 were distributed. Now they are working on Kite Kits for 12,500 students. Link
Undergraduate Scholarships are available. Engineering and Public Works related degrees. Due dates are June 1 (Bridge Builder) and June 15 (American Public Works Association – APWA). Link
Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance – Inspire a Future Engineer with a <10 minute video TRSA Summer Engineering Camps are fast approaching. Jaime Christensen, Summer Camp Manager, is reaching out to see if you, or someone you know, would be wiling to make a “STEM Professional Interview” for them.
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Marine & Ocean Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
What are the expectations of the video?
- Less than 10 minute video, recorded at home or in the office, on your phone
- Anything you wish you could tell the next generation of engineers to convince them this is a great career for them!
- Here are some questions to guide you. It can be done interview style, via Zoom with a presentation or just winging it.
- Here are some tips to help with creating the video.
- Here are some examples from others: Example #1, Example #2, Example #3
TEF is a partner with Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance (TRSA). TRSA builds broad, deep, and innovative pathways for students to access high-impact careers in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). TRSA provides resources for youth, educators, corporate partners, and parents. For more information, go to www.tulsastem.org. TRSA offers many activities and programs throughout the year for students and educators. Engineering volunteers are always needed
PDH Opportunities The Oklahoma Society of Professional Engineers has teamed with leading online education provider RedVector to bring you a training experience designed just for Oklahoma PE’s. Click here for access to PDH opportunities 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.
“Engineers are changing the world all of the time. They dream up creative, practical solutions and work with other smart, inspiring people to invent, design, and create things that matter.”
Mailing address: TEF, P.O. Box 703065, Tulsa, OK 74170-3065
Top messaging and taglines
proven effective to explain
- Engineers make a world of difference
- Engineers are creative problem solvers
- Engineering is essential to our health, happiness and safety
- Engineers help shape the future
- TAGLINE: Turing ideas into reality
- TAGLINE: Because dreams need doing