Several Bridge Builder Scholarship and other scholarships have been established for sophomore, junior and seniors in college who are enrolled as an undergraduate student in an ABET accredited engineering, engineering technology program or a Public Works major. Applications for the 2021-2022 academic year are due June 1, 2021 for the Bridge Builder Scholarship and June 15, 2020 for the APWA Scholarship.
1. Bridge Builder Application form A word document version is available by calling (918) 906-7929 or email email@example.com The application has been updated to allow Recommendations to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bridge Builder Application from.
Due date is June 1, 2021.
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
1) Applicant must be enrolled as an undergraduate student in an ABET accredited engineering or engineering technology program (see http://www.abet.org) for a list of eligible schools and majors. Applicant may also be enrolled in a major that leads to careers in Public Works.
2) Applicant must have a grade point of 3.0 or higher.
3) Applicant must be able to accept the scholarship for the academic year starting in the Fall of 2019 and must not already be receiving full funding from other organizations.
2. American Public Works Association Application: The Oklahoma Chapter APWA has established a scholarship fund to provide financial assistance for students in higher education (college graduate or undergraduate) in order to promote awareness of the Public Works profession and encourage students to pursue careers in Public Works. The Oklahoma Chapter of APWA intends to award a total amount of $5,000 in scholarships to be awarded and split among no more than five recipients in 2021. Recipients will be selected in the Summer and the scholarship will be awarded to the recipients at the beginning of the following Fall semester. Checks will be mailed directly to the college or university.
APWA Application form For more information contact email@example.com
Due date is June 15, 2021 with selection by July 15, 2021
The Bridge Builder Fund was established in 2014. It is based on the poem The Bridge Builder by Will Allen Dromgoole.
The Bridge Builder
An old man going a lone highway,
Came, at the evening cold and gray,
To a chasm vast and deep and wide.
Through which was flowing a sullen tide,
The old man crossed in the twilight dim,
The sullen stream had no fears for him;
But he turned when safe on the other side
And build a bridge to span the tide.
“Old man,” said a fellow pilgrim near,
“You are wasting your strength with building here;
Your journey will end with the ending day,
You never again will pass this way;
You have crossed the chasm, deep and wide,
Why build you this bridge at the evening tide?”
The builder lifted his old gray head;
“Good friend, in the path I have come,” he said,
“There followed after me to-day
A youth whose feet must pass this way.
This chasm that has been as naught to me
To that fair-haired youth may a pitfall be;
He, too , must cross in the twilight dim;
Good friend, I am building the bridge for him!”
by Will Allen Dromgoole
Source: Father: An Anthology of Verse (EP Dutton & Company, 1931)